ようこそ! o(≧∀≦)o ようこそ!

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Yaoi Roleplays > The Lights of the Moon

Puri
Site Owner

Ayame

"It was the autumn I turned fifteen," Hemurmured, "When I was truly considered an adult, not even a few weeks after my ceremony, people began bidding for me. Usually it takes a while for them to start coming it, or it depends on how long you were under training ... Mine was bought for a high price- second highest so far, I think ..." He sipped at his tea, growing silent for a while, "I was always highly sought-after. It's depressing, really, I could never catch a break even as a child." He took another sip of his tea, the cup coming away red-stained with color.

Ryuuichi

"Now, I suppose that's a chance I'll just have to take." He dropped a wink in the other's direction, "Besides, you've heard the rumors about me, right? I'm not saying they're true, but I'm not saying they're false, either." He with that, he padded off a few paces, turning his glance back at Peng, "Coming?"

--

January 7, 2014 at 10:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AnimeYaoiFangirl100
Administrator

Huang:

"Well, I am sure that you were a beautiful child as well, and beauty only increases with time." Huang said after a few moments. It might not have been completely proper - though he was sure that the boy was used to it - but he felt that it needed to be said. "Though it isn't right to place a price on that, if you don't mind me saying."

Peng:

"Quite a trusting fellow, you are, Shirokawa-san." The young man said, following after his elder, quickening his pace to walk side by side. Peng smiled- the simple action seeming to light up his whole face. "I hope that you are aware that you don't need to put up with me just because I gave you some helpful advice."

--

Let's be honest here this is what I do when people tell me not to do something.

January 7, 2014 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Puri
Site Owner

Ayame

He couldn't help the blush that formed across his cheeks- a real blush, unlike the fake sheepishness he'd often portray with his customers. But this man wasn't a customer, and it had been given genuinely without the intent of buying him off for the night (maybe?). "Accourding to Kyouko-senpai, I smelled of fish, and beautiful people don't smell ... So I'm afirad you're wrong about that." He cast his glance back up at Huang, looking him in the eyes, and he laughed some, "Arigatou, but it's how it has always been, and always will be. The mizuage selling is important- it's how you finally begin paying off your debts." A sip of the tea. "Besides, even if it you didn't call it "selling" your virginity, people are still buying the night with you, and will continue to- so what does it matter, if the names are different? Selling your virginity, selling your body ... It's all the same in the end, even once we find a Danna and he pays our debts and sets us free, he has still bought us from the brothel, except the time he can spend with us is eternal rather than fleeting."

Ryuuichi

He chuckled, "With wonderful advice such as that, why wouldn't I want to put up with you?" He realized his words could be considered a bit cruel given other context, but he hoped the smile on his face denoted otherwise. "You're an officer of the Palace, aren't you, Peng-san? Is the work as thrilling as they say?"

--

January 8, 2014 at 6:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AnimeYaoiFangirl100
Administrator

Huang:

"Whoever said that beautiful people don't smell? Everyone smells like something." Huang said, trying to ignore the sight of the other blushing. Though it was difficult to ignore, with the fact that Ayame's face was so pale. "And some people happen to like fish, mind you." The young - not as young as he wished, however - man added, continuing to look at him. He actually happened to be one of the many people to find fish delicious, though the smell of the animal was debatable. Huang's eyes were gentle, not hard and deviod of emotion as he normally had them. He took another sip of his tea before speaking. "And, I apologize for my honesty but it is what I feel, I don't think that they should put a price on your virginity or your body. As they aren't the same thing in my mind. I think ones first time should be given to whoever they wish- not to the highest bidder."

Peng:

"I wouldn't say that the work is the most thrilling." The young man said, returning the smile. The corner of his lip twitched in slight irritation, however, as he thought of something that had happened the previous day between him and another officer. The two of them had been having a slight disagreement and then it was pinned on as Peng's fault, no matter what he said- as always, it was because he was the youngest(which also made it a good thing that not all of them were aware of how young he actually was). "More thrilling than most occupations, I must say. Though I always seem to get stuck with the heavy lifting by my superiors."

--

January 8, 2014 at 6:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Puri
Site Owner

Ayame

He was silent for a while, holding his teacup to his lips, and he looked at Huang from beneath long lashes. He really felt that way, hm? Quietly, Ayame set his tea-cup down, and uncurteously leaned forward, placing his hands upon the tea-tabletop, bringing his head close to Huang's, so close that he could feel his breath, "It's not as if we've a choice, you know. Very seldom do you find people here out of choice." He looked into the male's reddish eyes, for a moment captivated by their color. "And it's simply that some peoples' opinions don't matter; if Fujiwara-sama allows it, then it will always be allowed, and there's simply nothing that can be done about it." He pulled away then, settling back down onto his haunches, and sipping at his tea until his cup had been drained. "Pardon my rudeness, Owyang-s ... Owyang ... !!" It seemed to suddenly come to him then, flooding into his mind like a river rushing to empty into the belly of a lake. "Th-the Imperial Palace, ah! I knew your name sounded familiar-- you're a Consort, you're a member of the palace!" His eyes were round, and his expression sheepish ... Someone of such a high ranking minded their time with someone as low-class as him? Over-dramaticizing his actions, he dipped his head low, forehead almost touching the table-top, "... Forgive me ..."

Ryuuichi

He chuckled, "Isn't that always the way it is?" He padded through the busy streets with the other male, looking down at him with golden eyes full of interest. He smiled a genial smile, "I'm sure you must be incredibly busy?"

--

January 9, 2014 at 7:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AnimeYaoiFangirl100
Administrator

Huang:

One of his dark, slender eyebrows arched on his pale head. "Of course I'm from the Imperial Palace. Now sit up and stop drawing attention to yourself. Neither of us need nor want it." His eyes weren't all that impressed, but they held no malice. Just dry amusement colored the red orbs. Letting his voice soften slightly, he sighed and took another sip of his tea. It was rapidly cooling and it was a good thing he was almost done; he would have to order another soon. "Nothing needs to be forgiven, Ayame-chan. I must admit that I am failing to see why you're making a fuss."

Peng:

"Sadly, yes." Peng said, sighing. Though his eyes were light and shining- as if he couldn't bring himself to truly hate being that busy all the time. "Since I'm one of," Okay the youngest, "the youngest soldiers I get stuck with a lot of jobs that the others don't want to handle. Though I like to say it's because I'm better at the job than them." He smiled some. "And you? Do you find yourself busy at all?"

--

January 13, 2014 at 6:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Puri
Site Owner

Ayame

He straightened up at request, fuming beneath long locks of black hair, and he looked at Huang as if he'd just said something insane- perhaps he had. "N-Nothing forgiven?!" He exclaimed, though it was a mere whisper, so as not to attracte any more uncessisary attention. He looked at Huang with large brown eyes that naturally swallowed up their environtment and spilled his emotions forth in a flurry of stars and feelings ... "To have approached you on the streets, without so much as paying respect; to have acted the way I did, so carelessly, and to use the wrong honorific, no less! Owyang-s---ama ... Of course I must beg for your forgiveness!" Was he always so terribly dramatic? "T-to know that you allowed your time with someone like me, just above pesants in rank, but treated like dirt in comparison ... To be in the presense of a Noble such as yourself ..." His cheeks were stained red with both humility and shame.

Ryuuichi

The elder man smiled at the soldier's affinity ... It was quaint, refreshing ... He didn't speak to people often, and it was even less that he was approached ... Perhaps this walk wasmore for his selfish gain than it was simply to invoke polite chatter with a stranger ... Perhaps he was only lonely, and was simply using the first person he could speak to as a way to rid himself of that lonliness, even if he'd no intention of speaking to him ever again ... But then- perhaps not. Perhaps he truly did want to speak to this boy, want to get to know him, befriend him ... After all, he was glad, that he had the pleasure of carrying a conversation with someone such as him, even with their differing statuses. After all ... The Clergy was still higher in rank and respect than soldiers were ... "Busy? Oh, quite a bit of the time, yes ... It's my job to deliver messages to the Kamisama, and we get visitors often  at our Shrine ...  Along with training of the Monks and tending to my swollen-bellied spouse ... I have quite a bit on my plate ..."

--

January 13, 2014 at 7:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AnimeYaoiFangirl100
Administrator

Huang:

"When I said that there need be no forgiveness, I meant it. I don't need to give it because you shouldn't feel the need to ask for it." Huang said, his words gentle as he tried to soothe the other; get him to calm down. "Ayame-chan, being a part of the Imperial Palace is exactly why most people don't approach me; especially out on the streets. It was a surprise, but I have to admit a pleasant one. Normally I don't have the chance to just sit and drink tea with a fellow human being. That being said, I don't wish for you to ask for forgiveness from me. Speaking with you has just made my day better, so why should I forgive you for that?" 

Peng:

"I wonder who has the busier schedule- an honorable priest such as yourself, or a lowly soldier such as me?" The raven mused outloud, glancing at the other. The smile that still held strong on his face proved just how he didn't mean anything bad by that statement; a simple thought that had been voiced. Then a glint of puzzlement peaked through. "I beg your pardon, Shirokawa-san, but how much must you tend to your wife? I must admit that I've never had any experience with such things, so I have no clue."

--

January 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Puri
Site Owner

Ayame

His words were a bit of a surprise to him, and the entertainer glanced away shyly, his eyes focused upon a point on the wooden floor, but nowhere in particulare. He heard the paper sliding-door open and shut a few times as more people brought in sake and tea readily made, and as customers came and went ... And he was silent for a while, before suddenly looking up at him with bright eyes, and a beautiful and bright smile, lighting up his white-powdered face, stretching his red-painted lips wide, his brows arched in glee. "I-I'm glad, Owyang-sama ... So very glad- then ... At least forgive me for acting so foolish, earlier ..." He toyed with a few strands of his long, silken hair.

Ryuuichi

He tipped his head to the side. "How much ...? Ah, I tend to her when she needs it ... In the first few months, she did well, working with me in the feilds and clearning up the shrine- doing what she's supposed to do, of course ... But recently, she's become so swollen that she can hardly do a thing save for move around and bathe. She continues preparing the meals, but I've taken over duty of house-keeping, tending to the fields, washing the kimono, etcetera ... And I take care of her as she asks ... That's not to say you'll be expected to do the same, when you finally have a wife of your own, Peng-san ... It's merely aesthetic- it's actually a bit weird, in hindsight ... Many men don't take it upon themselves to burden their lives with women's work."

--

January 13, 2014 at 10:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AnimeYaoiFangirl100
Administrator

Huang:

A small grin pulled at his lips before he took a drink of his tea; recently filled. "I suppose I could forgive you for that foolishness if you drop the '-sama- when you address me. I am not that different from you, am I?" He said, still looking at the other seriously. Though Huang most likely would forgive the young man anyway.

Peng:

He grinned a little sheepishly before shaking his head. "The only experience I've ever had was when my mother was expecting the younger ones, and I do believe that's the most experience that I'm ever going to get with it." Peng said, turning his head to take in their current surroundings before looking back at the priest. "It is very generous of you to take on her chores, where most men wouldn't."

--

January 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Puri
Site Owner

Ayame

"But-" It's improper he wanted to say, You're a Noble- I'm just a common whore, the words wanted to fall from his mouth, but he stopped himself when he saw the look on the other's face. ANd so he nodded. "A-alright ... Owyang-san ..." He suddenly felt a bit guilty- how would it look if someone of his status minded their time with him? Even though Ayame wasn't working right now, who would know that? He had raised his cup to his lips once more, when he lifted his head, having thought he'd heard his name being called- he dismissed it, when sure enough-

"Ayame-senpai!" A child, no older than thirteen, opened the screen door and poked his (her?) head through, expressing apologies as he did, a second child, perhaps eleven, accompanying him. "Aya-senpai!" They hurried over to the entertainer, both clothed in Workers' kimono, their hair tied up in a bun, red lace having been tucked underneath ... They were meiko. Apprentices.

The adult set his tea down, looking at the two, questioning why they'd come all this way.

"Kyouko-senpai is looking for you, and Oniisan is livid! Ne, Ayame-senpai, you took off without permission, and now they're both angry!" One boy exclaimed;

"They sent us to fetch you, since we're under Ayame-senpai's care ..." The other murmured, obviously retaining a far more subdued nature than the other. "Th-they said you should expect punishment for wandering off again."

"It's the third time this week, isn't it?"

Ayame flushed scarlet.

"Why do you keep wandering off like that? You'll give the brothel a bad reputation ..."

"I-I always come back, don't I? So they have no reason to be angry- it's not as if I'm trying to escape."

"But why don't you run away? And anyways, they have every reason to be angry- customers came calling, and you weren't there."

There was hesitance in Ayame's next words. "It ... Because it's my home." He mumbled under his breath that he was glad they had to wait. The children were quiet- they had just seemed to have noticed Huang sitting there, and they bowed to him politely.

"Sumimasen, Oniisan," They said in unison, before the elder one spoke up, "We'll be taking Senpai with us. So finish your tea and leave, okay? There's no reason to stay, right? I don't know if you're his boyfriend or his brother or whatever, but you shouldn't be with him right now. He's really a terrible person-"

"H-h's not terrible, just unruly, he's ... He's actually a very good person ... Just a bit empty-headed." They spoke so boldly of Ayame, and he didn't do a thing about it; he never did. Rather, he finished his tea, cup cming away stained red with color, the paint upon his lips having faded considerably since then, he placed a few bills of the table (as well as the apple that had long-since been in his sleeve, placing the half-eaten item in his cup for it to be thrown out), and he rose to his feet, bowing at a slight incline.

"Pardon them, Owyang-san ... And pardon me, as well ... It seems I should be taking my leave for the day ..." He looked rueful and sheepish, possibly humiliated at the display prior. "... It was nice, to chat with someone who doesn't want my body, for a change." He was about to turn and leave with the children, when he hesitated, and looked back at him. "Forgive me if I'm selfish, but I hope I can see you again soon." And with that, he was gone in a flurry of silk that fluttered like the wings of colorful pink butterfly upon the ground. All that could be heard as they were shuffling off was murmuring from the children and scolding from Ayame- there was a name "Haruko", an incredulous look from the eldest child, and a stern look from Ayame, along with something from the lines of, "there is no Haruka anymore, only Izumi- you're a different person now and-' and the rest was washed away as they left earshot.

Ryuuichi

"And why do you believe that is all the experience you will ever have, Peng-san? Don't you have a lovely vixen to call your own, as well? Or are you the type for mistresses only?" He realized such inquiring was rude, and flushed. "Surly, someone as handome as yourself will easily find someone to bear his kin." He stated quietly, shifting his basket from one hand to the other.

--

January 14, 2014 at 6:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AnimeYaoiFangirl100
Administrator

Huang:

The consort simply stared ahead, as if he could possibly follow the trio with his eyes even though he knew it not to be possible. Then, with a sigh, he took another sip of tea. Upon drawing the cup away from his lips, his thoughts caught up with him. Punishment? That's not right. Huang thought, but took another drink, finishing it. Then he sat the cup down on the table and stood. The raven couldn't help the frown that fell on his lips as he looked at the bills on the table. It was enough to pay for both of their drinks- when Ayame knew very well that he was capable of paying for his share. That much was obvious, seeing as he had been bent on calling him formally.. "I hope to see you soon as well, Ayame-chan." Huang mumbled, the words barely a whisper as he turned to take his leave.

Peng:

"You think me handsome, do you?" Peng said playfully, another grin tugging at his lips. Then he just shook his head, his long dark locks flying only to land back in their previous position. "I probably wouldn't have any trouble finding a woman to bear my children, it's just... I'm not quite certain if I would want that." He just tilted his head to the side, his grin turning slightly sheepish. "I rather find myself more attracted to men than women. And my parents have two more sons to carry on the family name, so, for the time being, I don't see a woman in my future."

--

January 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Puri
Site Owner

Ryuuichi

"Of course I find Peng-san handsome ... You would have to be blind not to think such things." His words were quiet and willowy as he spoke through his gentle breaths, looking at him with interested amber eyes. "Is that so?" He sounded as if he were pondering, though he said nothing more than that.

--

January 25, 2014 at 7:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AnimeYaoiFangirl100
Administrator

Peng:

"It is." He said, his words almost catching in his throat for a moment. It certainly wasn't because he was embarrassed by sharing his preference - why would he be? It was more about how a silence seemed to fall over the pair. "What are you thinking about?" Peng asked after a few minutes had passed by in silence. Does that bother you? Was what he wanted to ask, but he knew how ridiculous that would sound. After all, it wasn't an uncommen practice, but most men, even if they took another man as their partner, ended up taking a mistress to carry on their name. Or they were married. But Peng would just settle for finding out what his companion had running through his head.

--

January 25, 2014 at 7:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Puri
Site Owner

Ryuuichi

"... I simply can't help but muse ... How selfish of yourself, to put retaining of the family name upon your siblings ..." He didn't sound reprimanding, however- "It's valiant to know what you want, and if that is a man, let it be a man. However, I do not believe that you should entirely throw away the prospect of even a mistress."

--

January 25, 2014 at 8:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AnimeYaoiFangirl100
Administrator

Peng:

"It might be selfish." He conceded, turning his head so that he was looking at the path ahead. "But, even so... I think I'd rather remain selfish for as long as possible. If I am needed to help extend my family and carry on our name- then I'll gladly do that, but I don't know if I could. Once I find a partner - a true partner - I don't know if I could continue to have a mistress. I know many do it and have no problem, and I certainly don't mind if my partner has a mistress or wife themself, but I wouldn't help but feel unfaithful."  Then he paused and ran his tongue over his top lip. Not once had he ever tried to explain to someone why he never took a mistress, or why he probably never would take anyone to wife. "Can you understand that?"

--

January 25, 2014 at 8:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Puri
Site Owner

Ryuuichi

And just like that, his features began to fall, slowly, slowly, until he expression on his face was near unreadable ... "... I can understand ..." He murmured, suddenly sounding quite a bit- offended, almost? He took his eyes off of the other, shifted his basket to his other hand, and gazed straight ahead. "But that doesn't mean I can relate ... My taking of mistresses has no bearing on my deep love and loyalty to my wife, and I don't see why it should."

--

January 25, 2014 at 8:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AnimeYaoiFangirl100
Administrator

Peng:

"I'm sorry." Peng said quickly, catching onto the others tone. "I didn't mean to offend. I just... I suppose I didn't plan my words out well, did I?" Then he tried to give a small smile, but it wasn't as bright as it was earlier. He didn't want to offend someone higher than himself, nor did he wish to offend someone who he wished to befriend. "I didn't mean that your devotion would waver, I just- I think it all accounts on the person." He finished, somewhat lamely.

--

January 25, 2014 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Puri
Site Owner

Ryuuichi

"Hm ..." He wasn't upset that someone under him had said something so offensive, but rather was upset because it was said in the first place, intentionally or otherwise. "Yes, I suppose that's correct- however, I quite see it this way:" Oh, he was still a bit upset- not livid nor angry, but a bit frustrated, irritated. "Lest one were to take more than one wife- and it has been done, simply look at Fujiwara-sama himself if you need confirmation- then one is not truly being unloyal to the one they are married to. Mistresses should mean nothing, whether male or female, whereas husband and wife- should remain the closest thing to your heart next to family and your work."

--

January 25, 2014 at 9:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AnimeYaoiFangirl100
Administrator

Peng:

"I do agree that spouses should be closest to you." Peng murmured, his voice coming out quieter than he had wanted it to. "I meant no disrespect to you or anyone that you may no- but I was just sharing how I felt on the matter. Personally, I don't think that I could take a husband, or, if need be, a wife, I would be able to take on a mistress. If I were to become involved with a woman now without marrying her, then that would be fine with me until I found someone I felt I could spend the rest of my life with. I do believe that it's a personal preference." His words were still quiet; somewhat solemn even.

--

January 25, 2014 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.