ようこそ! o(≧∀≦)o ようこそ!

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Yaoi Roleplays > Welcome to Black Creek

AnimeYaoiFangirl100
Administrator

Hey! Lately I’ve been wanting to do something with Cowboys and Native Americans, but I just haven’t gotten around to it yet(I’ve been lazy) but here it is! I did the thing because I had sudden inspiration(certainly not in Algebra because that’s where I did it(Gwen is bad yes she is)).

I suppose now we must carry on with one of the least liked but most important jobs.....

Rules

• As always, site rules apply
  • Be considerate to all those who choose to join this rp
  • Killed is allowed, but only with the permission from the owner of the other character
  • Only 4 characters per person! We don’t want anyone getting overwhelmed.
  • Here’s how it’s going to work in this rp- the Cowboys will always top and the Indians will always bottom.
  • I would like to keep this as historically accurate as possible, but there will be leeway because I know that some things will need to be changed. My invention of Black Creek is proof enough of that.
  • Enjoy yourself
  • Now, welcome to Black Creek! :D

Where and when...

Cowboys

It’s the year 1874 and it’s one of the high points of the old west. Gold has just been found in the Black Hills and it has many men riding to make their homes there; to find themselves a share of gold. Despite the Black Hills being an Indian territory some towns were founded on the land. So far only two settlements have been founded, and even then not that many people will risk bringing their families onto such a dangerous territory. Others get cocky, believing they can protect their families from anything that could harm them. The smallest settlement is Black Creek - the other, larger is Dodge and that town is miles away - and it lays closest to the Hills. It might be small, but some of the most promising people have made this their home. Are you one of them?

Indians - Sioux nation

White men have moved their greedy hands to try and get ahold of the Black Hills; a sacred place to the Native Americans. Wildlife flourishes in the Hills, but the pale-faces don’t seem to care as they go on searching for the treasure that is held within. They are taking land that belongs to the Native Americans, falsely believing they have the right to do so. The Native Americans won’t let this stand; they’ll do what they can to drive the outsiders away, but still maintain an aura of peace.

With these two people - those of which have different ways, traditions, and goals - is there room for affection?

Skellies

Cowboy

Name:

Name Meaning[optional]:

Age[between 17 and 26]:

Kin:

Crush:

Lover:

Height:

Other:

Description[please include a picture]:

Indians

Name[remember they are Sioux, so choose a Sioux name]:

Chosen name[English translation and/or what you go by]:

Kin:

Position[Warrior, hunter, storyteller]:

Crush:

Lover:

Height:

Other:

Description[please include a picture]:

My Characters

Name: Charles Wittmore

Name Meaning: Free man, strong

Age[between 17 and 26]: 24

Kin: A younger sister, aged 16, named Helen and a brother named Oliver, who is 14.

Crush:

Lover:

Height: 5'7

Other: Charles is very considerate of others and always tries to put them in front of himself. However, he does have an aggressive streak as well as a rather odd - sometimes - sense of humor. He is the one who takes care of his brother and sister, his father having left them and their mother shortly after they moved to Black Creek. Soon, Charles lost his mother to an unknown illness that seemed to drain every bit of strength from her before she passed. Despite all of this, he goes on as one of the best cowboys in town. His loyalty and strength has only grown after all that he went through in his younger years.

Description[please include a picture]: Charles is a healthy young man with skin that is starting to tan because of the sun hitting it almost daily. His har is a black color, but in the summer it lightens to a dark brown. His eyes are a unique shade; a mixture of green and brown. He has stubble and he likes keeping it there, only shaving the sides of his face or his chin when the hair gets too long, the same to be said for the hair on his upper lip.

Name: Ohanzee

Chosen name: Shadow[English translation]

Kin: His father and mother are in the same tribe. He also had a younger brother who died young.

Position[Warrior, hunter, storyteller]: Hunter

Crush:

Lover:

Height: 5'6

Other: Ohanzee is quiet and soft spoken. He seems to always stay in the background and doesn't like to bring attention to himself. He's calculating and is good with thinking up a plan last minute. Ohanzee has always been solitary, but he's been so even more ever since his brother Matoskah was killed by a white bear when they were out playing together in the woods. Bears aren't rare around those parts, but white bears are; not to mention a white bear was Matoskah's namesake. This being said, the tribe believes that it was a sign that it was the young boys time to join their ancestors. After this happened, Ohanzee has taken a special interest with the young people of the tribe and is very protective of them; always trying to protect them. 

Description[please include a picture]: Ohanzee has long black hair that goes half way down his back. His skin is dark, a caramel color that is known in his tribe. His eyes are no exception to his coloring, being a dark, milky brown that is reminiscant of chocolate. His body is slim and lithe; it has to be in order for him to move freely and quickly when on a hunt or running from the white men that seem to think that the Indians are taking their treasure from them. Most of the time, when he's in camp, he goes barefoot, but, when he's outside of it, he must wear his moccasins or else he risks stepping on a sharp stone or something else.

--

Let's be honest here this is what I do when people tell me not to do something.

April 19, 2014 at 2:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Puri
Site Owner

Do you realize how difficult it was to find decent images of men that weren't half-naked and sexualized holy shit ;;;

Name: Bailey Anderson

Name Meaning: Baliff

Kin: Isabella [ younger sister ; 10 ], Jeremy [ Elder brother ; 23 ], Jeremiah [ father ]

Crush

Lover: 

Height: 5'9

Other: Bailey is a pretty quiet person, though once he finds a topic of interest, he can be incredibly talkaive. He's considerate of other people and their feelings, and holds little to no prejudice. However, he is extremely Nationalistic, and puts his country and the people inside of it before anything else ... His mother having been killed by a band of "rogue Indians" one evening when he was young, he's a bit leery of them, however, he knows well-enough that not all of them are bad or wrong. He smiles a lot, and enjoys lightening to mood and making people smile and laugh. It's incredibly lonely when you're upset all the time ... He looks out for his little sister, as their father isn't home all that often, being a Deputy and all, and so he takes care of her and the chores around the house, at least until she's big enough to do everything herself.

Description: He's built rather stockily- with strong arms and a broad chest. His skin is a rather fair, tan color, and his hair is perhaps just a shade or two darker, almost a caramel brown. His eyes are a piercing hazel-green- they absorb more green or more brown depending on what he's wearing, and the colors around him. He dresses pretty nicely, all things considered. Yes this is Jared Padalecki you be quiet right now.

Name: Anpaytoo

Chosen name: f. name ; "Radiant"

Kin: Chapa [ twin sister ; 26 ], Hanska [ younger brother ; 15 ], Charles McKinley [ real father ; deceased ], Akecheta [ 'father' ; 51 ], Wyota [ mother ; deceased ]

Position: Story Teller

Crush: 

Lover: 

Height: 5'5"

Other: Anpaytoo is a very docile and gentle person, though you wouldn't know it to see it. WIth a burning stare that looks threatening, it's not surprising if you would be intimidated of him ... However, those who know him realize that he's quite passive, and very unlikely to hurt anyone ...  He was born of bastard blood, his mother Sioux, his father a white man- though, he didn't know such things until later in life. Only he and his "father" know the truth, and even then, his "father" didn't learn the truth until after their younger son was born. His mother had been sentenced to her death in discreet. Anpaytoo is very well-liked in the tribe, considering they don't know his secret, and he makes friends very easily. He likes to explore, create, and use his imagination; he's very prone to running off and inspecting the white peoples' towns.

Description: He has long tendrils of black hair that spiral down his back- it's naturally wavy and dark black in color. His face is oval in shape and his lips are plump. His eyes are big and brown, and they always look a bit stern, yet they shimmerlike onyx in the sunlight, such a dark shade of brown that they're almost black. His eyelashes are short and thick. His skin is a bit lighter than his tribe's, due to his 'white man' blood.

--

April 19, 2014 at 8:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AnimeYaoiFangirl100
Administrator

((yes I am well aware how difficult it was to find good pictures for the rp. :3 I had to find some too, you know! And you don't know how long I just sat there staring at Jared like 'you just used the moose for this didn't you') Oh and you know you're always accepted c: )

Charles:

"I'm heading out." The dark haired male called over his shoulder. An answering shout found him giving off a small smile before exiting the place that he called home. Charles had to get up earlier for work at the ranch- it wasn't truly his job, but he enjoyed lending a hand when he didn't have to go track down any cows that managed to get loose - and, compared to others, he didn't really get up that early. Charles was a cowhand, true enough, but it was a rare occurance when he went out on a cattle run. He had his brother and sister to think about, and, despite them both being old enough to fend for themselves, Charles always found himself staying close to home for their benefit. As he walked he lightly whistled a tune and tipped the brim of his hat down to shield his eyes from the harshness of the rising sun. Respectfully he tipped his head in greeting to everyone he passed, stopping to speak a few quick words with those that he was closer to.

Ohanzee:

The young Native American narrowed his eyes at the deer that stood no more than ten feet from him, grazing on the grass that grew between the roots of the trees; it was full of nutrients, Ohanzee knew, and for that all animals enjoyed the treat. He took a deep breath before stepping forward, gripping his spear tighter. Many of his tribe would hunt in groups - they would be small, unless they were hunting larger prey, but they were groups nonetheless - but it was always easier to sneak up on your prey if you were alone, and that was what Ohanzee was. Alone. He prefferred hunting alone anyway, it was easier for his thoughts to be cleared. Not to mention he would not have asked anyone else in his tribe to accompany him so close to Black Creek; the settlement of white men that seemed to be full of ridicule and hate. Surely not all of them could be like that, but there was enough to make the whole of the tribe wary about going around it. Ohanzee wasn't that close to it, in retrospect, but sometimes men would venture into the forests and look; and they would hold no love for any Native American in their path. He took another hesitant step forward and then swore softly in his tongue when a branch snapped under his foot. And this was why he disliked moccasins. Almost immeadietly the doe caught sight of him and bolted down hill. Ohanzee did the only thing he could do at that point, and that was follow the beast downhill on swift feet. The tribe had food, yes, but it never hurt to make sure they had more; they could always salt it and save it for winter if it wasn't needed yet. Besides, the hunter never liked losing his prize. Reaching the bottom of the hill, he looked around to spot the animal only to find that it had managed to lose him; though it had also managed to take him to the edge of the forest and a better view of the settlement beyond.

--

April 20, 2014 at 4:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Puri
Site Owner

i was gonna use Misha Collins, but fhdks Jared omfg<3

Bailey

The male actually quite enjoyed taking nice, long rides with his white mare, Jesse. She was a good horse, and she was a gentle spirit who wasn't afirad of anything. They would traipse through the creek or edge on the border of the forest ... Well, this day, he and his steed were moving at a nice, leisurly walk, feet settled in the animal's stirrups, his hands relaxed as they gripped the reins, his pretty hazel-green eyes relaxed and docile. Unlike a lot of people around these parts, he wasn't so much intimidated or afraid of the Natives (or Indians, as everyone called them) as he was entranced by them ... He knew it was wrong- to impose upon their land without so much as consent, but there was nothing that could be done. Bailey didn't make the rules. The young adult, just two years out of boy-hood, reached his hand out, fingertips brushing along the greenery of the trees, completely unaware that he was indeed approaching one of those feared "Indians", humming to himself as he went onwards with nonchalance, his horse snorting occasionally.

Anpaytoo

He was a glutton for punishment, that much was truly certain ... And the story teller, with a vivid imagination and eccentric mind, hurried through the tall grass, long black hair fluttering behind him with each step. The male short like his mother, just a few summers shy of his 30th year, slunk towards the little town of Black Creen, edging closer and closer to it with curious, deep brown- almost black- eyes. He brushed some hair out of his eyes, features soft and full of childish puzzlement. He took a few steps further, crouching in the grass to keep himself hidden, when he heard the howl of a dog- and then a chorous joined in. He looked, and said hounds were barreling towards the tresspassed. Anpaytoo let out a call of surprise, taking off as quickly as he could through the weeds, his feet landing hard upon the smooth terrain, the beads around his neck jingling noisily with each step. At last, he'd managed to lose the voracious hounds, having been chased towards the outskirts of the town. He had slipped inside of a building- a barn, with several horses and equipment alike ... Curiously, the little Native padded towards the horses, reaching a hand out and petting a Stallion on the muzzle, chuckling as its lips tickled his palm. In his Native tongue, he explained that he didn't have anything to give it. The half-breed, completely entranced by the beautiful palimino horse, wasn't aware as someone entered through the barn doors.

--

April 21, 2014 at 1:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AnimeYaoiFangirl100
Administrator

You can never go wrong with Jared<3

Charles:

The young man opened his mouth, about to call out to the horses that they would get let out soon to stretch their legs when he heard someone murmuring. Charles narrowed his eyes in the direction the voice seemed to come from. The quiet words seemed to be coming from Thorns' stall. Nobody but he and the owners - the Connors - were allowed in the barn. Even their children weren't allowed in the barn, because some of the horses spooked easy and weren't good around children. Knowing that it was neither of the sons or the daughter in the barn - the voice was too different and it had a slight accent - Charles moved forward quickly, grabbing onto the figure that he had managed to see in the dim light. A sudden shout came from the figure, however, when Charles had grabbed his arm and started to pull him into the light that was shed through the half-open door. "What are you doing here?" The words were out of his mouth before he had saw the face of the other; his voice having been harsh. Mostly because if anything was broken in the barn it would be his responsibility and he did not want anyone hurt. Upon seeing the darkened skin and clear Sioux heritage the man blinked before repeating, rather stupidly, "What are you doing here?" It wasn't his fault. He certainly wasn't expecting a Native to be in the barn.

Ohanzee:

His head snapped up at the sound of a horse, his dark hair flying behind him at the sudden movement. He had only heard one horse, but Ohanzee knew that that didn't mean anything. There could still be more. He was curious, of course, but that didn't mean he was going to risk that much in looking into the men that were heading straight for him; or, at least, he needed to take shelter before he did such a thing. Ohanzee took a step back, aiming to take cover under that bush that was just behind him, but he wasn't fast enough in his movements. A white head with an alongated muzzle made its way into the clearing, upon it rested a man. So far there was only one of them- hopefully that was how it stayed. Without taking another step, Ohanzee spoke as he looked into the startled eyes of the intruder, his words a bit rusty as he didn't use English very much; they spoke their own tongue in the tribe and rarely needed to speak the other speech, even though the whole tribe was skilled in it. "This is our place." Ohanzee said, still looking into the others eyes, even though he had to arch his neck to look upwards. "What brings you here?"

--

April 21, 2014 at 11:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Puri
Site Owner

Anpaytoo

He hadn't really expected anyone to grab hold of him- foolishly- and to say he'd been startled would be an understatement. He wriggled and writhed as he was pulled into the light, freezing suddenly as the sunlight filtered onto his face and he got a good look at his captor. The story teller's dark eyes were wide, and he was void of the marking of a warrior, or of a Hunter, but rather held that of a black paw-print under his right eye. His eyes appeared hard and cold, albeit at the same time, innocent and frightened, as if he were merely a child who didn't know any better. He had a naturally intimidating demeanor despite his <i>very</i> short stature, althought when you got to know him, there was nothing intimidating about him. He merely continued to gaze at the white man, his words reaching his ears-- he'd be a liar to say that he didn't understand- his tribe knew English good and well, even if it was only used to mock and jest behind their backs. He just continued to stare, legs clothed by a thin piece of hide, tan in color- likely that of a deer, stitched together with the sinewy bark of a tree and decorated with various colored beads, indicating that he had a role of 'decoration' or 'entertainment' within his tribe. Furthermore, he was unarmed, though he knew good and well that that would mean nothing to the dangerous white men. 

He remained silent and stoic, staring the stranger down- until his gaze faltered, and he couldn't look him in the eyes anymore. He looked away submissively, body growing lax in his grip, and noticably so. Anpaytoo remained silent, however, chest rising and falling evenly.

(i'll get to Bailey's later when I think of a reply lol)

--

May 3, 2014 at 6:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AnimeYaoiFangirl100
Administrator

Charles:

The raven opened his mouth, about ready to speak again, but then he noticed how the Native had seemed to stop struggling. He had, however, still kept his silence(which was rather irritating because Charles was sure that he at least knew something in English). Still, despite what irritation he felt, the young man couldn't help but to loosen his grip on the others. He didn't completely release it - as that would be foolish because he had no idea what the other would do - but he still felt the urge to make sure he didn't hurt him. "What are you doing here?" Charles asked again, his tone less harsh and more calming than it had been the first few times; it was the tone that he used when trying to appease his siblings when they were younger, and how he tried to calm the animals when they were spooked. "You know the rules, Native; you aren't allowed in town. So what are you doing here?" Technically the Connors ranch wasn't within town limits, but they still had the right to call on the sheriff if there was an Indian on their land. And, he told himself, that he should probably be making sure that the Native left or called for the sheriff himself instead of trying to converse with him, but he couldn't bring himself to do that. All the Natives knew the risks, so he wanted to know why one would risk coming onto territory that wasn't theirs.

(xD That's fine, deary. Take your time, bro)

--

May 4, 2014 at 1:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Puri
Site Owner

ANypatoo

He was silent for a few moments, staring at Charles with that burning stare of his - dark, intimidating ... He was a master of that stare, despite the fact taht he was a very kind and gentle person. He would never hurt a fly- and especially not another person. He was a story-teller, not a warrior ... Yet still, he kept his lips sealed for a few heartbeats, simply- watching the other male, watching; waiting ... Until finally, he gave in, seeing no other choice. If he wanted to get out of here unharmed, he would have no choice but to oblige, wouldn't he?

> "Running from dogs, I had to hide ..."

His voice was smooth and surprisingly soft as he spoke- a light, kind baritone. He wouldn't admit that he had been too clsoe to the town to begin with, because he knew it was insinuated- he still has his pride, after all ... He didn't have to give in entirely- he refused to give in entirely, no matter how gentle he really was.

--

July 3, 2014 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AnimeYaoiFangirl100
Administrator

Charles:

He opened his mouth a moment to object before closing it and letting out a slight sigh. Should he call for the sheriff now? It didn't seem like he was doing any harm, but... Charles pressed his lips together in a thin line.

"Hiding from dogs is all well and good, but why were you so close to town? They wouldn't have gave chase otherwise."

Charles hadn't dealt with a Native before, or, at least, not for this long of a time period. Mostly he had only got a few glances. He wasn't quite sure how to feel about this. Though he hadn't yet called for the sheriff, so that had to say something.

--

July 3, 2014 at 10:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Puri
Site Owner

Anypaytoo

This is where he fell silent again ... Right here. The question- it didn't exactly startle him as if it was unexpected. He knew it was coming, but he didn't want to admit his reasons for being so close. He knew this person wouldn't believe him even if he told him. The 'half-breed' moved his one free hand, noticing the way the other male tensed, but simply pushed a few long strands of black hair behind his ear and out of his face. He kept looking up at the other male with those cold eyes of his. Cold? Not exactly. They looked cold, but they also had copious amounts of emotion swirling within them, so much that it was almost overwhelming. Finally, he took a deep breath and spoke.

> "I was curious ... So I came to watch the white men work ... To bring stories back to my Tribe."

Though, part of it was his own natural curiosity- he was mostly using his stories as an excuse.

--

July 4, 2014 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Puri
Site Owner

Bailey

Startled ... Yes- he was startled indeed; having only come to walk his horse, he hadn't expected to see a Native around these parts. Foolishly; he really should have seen it coming. He stared down at the other male for a few moments- he grew a bit tense, but he didn't look about ready to make a move to harm the Native- not in the least, as he looked down at him with his soft hazel eyes. He was a sensitive one, one who looked like he could be trusted. Albeit, whether that was true or not was a whole other story. No. He could be trusted. He just didn't know if the other male was willing to trust him, or if he could be trusted himself. So he remained silent for a few more moments, weighing his options. Finally, he opened his mouth to speak.

> "I was only passing by, I didn't mean to intrude."

--

July 4, 2014 at 11:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AnimeYaoiFangirl100
Administrator

Charles:

"You are aware that you can't take stories back to your Tribe if you're dead, right?"

His tone was dry and it was as if he suddenly realized that he was still in contact with the other; he quickly let go, running a hand through his dark hair instead. It was like he was trusting the other male to not run from him. Honestly, even though his words probably couldd have been more gentle, it would've hurt a little to have someone run from him; a native or not.

As if something had struck him, he felt the need to introduce himself. He was, after all, full of manners if he wanted to be. Despite the fact that he would most likely removing the boy from the premises sooner rather than later.

"My name's Charles."

He held out his hand immediatly after he had finished speaking, the thought that the Natives didn't introduce themelves like this not once crossing his mind. Or, if it did, he ignored it because they always could.

Ohanzee:

For a moment or two, the dark skinned male looked up at him warily. Ohanzee could feel a tingling sensation go through him; not knowing if the shiver was of fear or curiousity or even of some form of rebeliousness. In reality it was all three. He, after all, tried not to make a habit of getting this close to white men. Slowly, he forced himself to calm down and not to act unreasonably. After all, there was only one man in front of him.

"Are you the only one traveling out here? At this time?"

The more he spoke English the easier it became. He was falling into the rhythm that he had used when he was first learning the language; though it was still easy to tell it wasn't his first, his accent still very noticable, even though the words came out smoothly.

--

July 9, 2014 at 7:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Puri
Site Owner

Anpaytoo

He'd introduced himself - introduced himself ! - and the Native looked at his hand warily. The fuck was he supposed to do with that ? He'd seen white men take each other's hands when they greet each other, though ... He'd seen it quite a few times in the past when he was lurking about in the weeds, simply watching them with careful eyes ... So ... Was he supposed to take it now ? ... He took a few steps backwards, however, he didn't run, simply staring up at the stranger, his eyes turning from that of ice to that of minute fear. He was afraid, and dammit, he was going to show it. Pride - whatever he held against this guy diminished the second he told him why he was here ... 

> " You say cruel things to me, and then ask me to share my name with you ... "

He spoke with caution, suspicion in his voice ... So why did he oblige ?

> " My name is Anpaytoo ... It means ' radiant ' in my language ... "

Bailey

He knew good and well that it was a bad idea to tell this person his business - he should just turn and leave now. At least, that's what he would be advised. Whether he truly took heed of their warning or not was a completely different situation ... And the chances are that Bailey wouldn't heed them, anyways. He would do what he damn - well pleased ... Because he truly didn't think poorly of these natives - he was more intrigued by them than he was frightened of them.

> " Unless someone followed me without my knowledge, I'd say so."

His horse snorted.

--

July 10, 2014 at 8:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AnimeYaoiFangirl100
Administrator

Charles:

"I admit completely that some of the words I chose were not the nicest, and I do apologize for that. I was only speaking the truth as I saw it."

After a moment more he let his hand drop to his side, blowing air out of his mouth slowly. He could telll by the others stance how he was feeling, and would rather him not feel as such. Instead, Charles raised both hands in front of his chest as if to say that he wasn't going to harm anything or anyone.

"I meant no disrespect, Anpaytoo, and I still don't, but I will have to ask you to leave this property immediatly. I will even escort you off it."

When the native still looked suspicious, Charles gave another sigh. It was too be expected, though, that the other wouldn't take that as an honest word.

"It's either I escort you, or there's a better chance of you getting caught by the sheriff."

Though, he had to admit, he would be risking a lot by doing so. It wouldn't be the best for him if he was found out to be helping an Indian.

Ohanzee:

He raised his head, tipping it so that the challenge he held in his brown eyes would be completely noticable. He held the mans eyes with his own for a few moments before blinking. Ohanzee was tense, ready to flee at any moment, even though he knew that he held the upper hand in the forest; that being said, he was at a disadvantage on foot.

His eyes flickered up and down the man's form, his gaze also resting on the horse before looking back at the man.

"You have taken much land, so why choose the forest?"

--

July 11, 2014 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.